Alfavaganza
Guru Triplo
Guru Triplo

Re: RE: ** Alfa Romeo Miniaturen ** . . . centenarialia

za mar 20, 2010 11:28

Thanks to all for visiting and appreciating. 8)

It's a 30 years seek, still going :driving: , and currently at circa 850 pieces, ranging from Fabbri kiosk series up to the CIJ and Rivarossi trolley. O:)
Using Google translations I found out that you're an inspired builder as well. VERY inspired sometimes, 120 hours of work in the 75, wow! :shock:

I especially noticed the perfect fit you can archief on kits with vacuform windows, as in the photo below. I'm very curious, how do you do this?

Afbeelding
Verleden: Sud 1.3, Sud Sprint 1.5 Veloce, 75 1.8, 164 2.5 TD, 164 2.5 TD Super, 145 1.6 TS, 159 SW 1.9 JTD
Heden: Alfaloos :cry:

AR110AF

za mar 20, 2010 12:41

I think this is the same Luigi racing car with different numbers.
They are real racingcars from the early 1980's
Sorry for the poor picture! :oops:
[img][img]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30 ... C01287.jpg[/img][/img]
KLIK
They raced two seasons with roughly the same colours, and the third (1984) still yellow but with different sponsors. From 1985, they were white and red with tobacco sposor Boule d'Or. But thepoint is that 46 and the three drivers don't fit together.

The model you pictured is not the same as shown by alfasudjoe: wipers and wheels are obvious differences, and the body is also different, even if they may both derivate fom the Solido mould. The front spoiler, for instance has a different shape on the two models.

AR110AF

za mar 20, 2010 13:05

It's a 30 years seek, still going :driving: , and currently at circa 850 pieces, ranging from Fabbri kiosk series up to the CIJ and Rivarossi trolley. O:)
Using Google translations I found out that you're an inspired builder as well. VERY inspired sometimes, 120 hours of work in the 75, wow! :shock:

I especially noticed the perfect fit you can archief on kits with vacuform windows, as in the photo below. I'm very curious, how do you do this?

Afbeelding
Thanks for the praise! :oops:

I have been paying much attention to the windows issue over time. The way I solved the problem was different in each case. Quite often, I replaced the vacuform windows with shaped clear plasticard. When the window is bent in 3D, my technique could not work. BTW, another fellow of the Alfamodellando forum recently illustrated the creation of home made vacuformed windows with a wood master slightly larger than the window opening, plasticard, a hairdryer, and paper clip to force the softened plasticard around the master. See here.

On my side, when I could not replace the usually too small windows, I have been using different tricks. I seem to remember that the Provence Giulietta SS you picked from the forum was not a big problem, because the windows did fit pretty well and fine adjusting was enough.

Special cases I recall were the TZ2 below on page 1. I custom made the side and rear windows, as the rear one was very much too small. Only the third or fourth attempt did fit. Since the windscreen was 3D, I cheated with some putty aronud it to have the body coming down to the window instead of the other way round.

Afbeelding

The most original solution I found for the 33 Stradale Tenariv on page 2. Windows were all much too small, but "fortunately" the body casting lacked the windows chromed frames. So I kept the "small" windows and used thin copper wire shaped to fill the gap between the windows and body, and then painted chrome and rubber seal. Even the doors windows lacked the frame, but there it is wider and flat aluminium. I then used thicker copper wire for it's easiness to shape and flattened the pper surface.

Afbeelding

:blue_cool:

alfasudjoe

za mar 20, 2010 15:50

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I have had these 2 1/43rd GTV models in my cabinet for over 10 years, does anyone know if these are actual cars that raced or just fantasy ???

Saluti
alfasudjoe
:D
I have had a closer look at these 2 GTV models and looked at the bases and there is no sign of a manufacterer`s name any ideas ???

So do we thnk that the numbers are in-correct or correct ?

They both have detailed interiors aswell, not built to the highest of qualities but still very good...........

Saluti
Joe

alfasudjoe

RE: ** Alfa Romeo Miniaturen ** . . . centenarialia

za mar 20, 2010 16:22

Afbeelding

this model i made from an Altaya /Ixo original model with French decals..........

Alfa Romeo Miniatura Fer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Contacteer: Website

za mar 20, 2010 18:33

I have had a closer look at these 2 GTV models and looked at the bases and there is no sign of a manufacterer`s name any ideas ???
So do we think that the numbers are in-correct or correct ?
They both have detailed interiors aswell, not built to the highest of qualities but still very good...........
Saluti Joe
both race GTV6 resin kit models are made by SC Modelli Italy

ref SCM 03 is 1982 Marlboro France group A no 5 and no 6
ref SCM 04 is 1982 Luigi Racing no46 Giorgio Francia

also issued are :
ref SCM 01-2 is 1982 Alpilatte group A white-green no 17 and no 45 (with 4 version decals)
ref SCM 66 is 1983 Safari Rally no 15 by Sandro Munari

Provence Moulage and C.B.COM.Tip-Top France made most of the GTV6 rally cars (resin kits) from 1982-'85
SCARB no 00575
Alfa Romeo Registro Miniatura, since 1992.
http://alfaromeominiatura.nl
Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm trackday
Alfa Giulietta Sprint 1.4 TCT 2016 rosso
*driving Alfa Romeo since 1975

Alfa Romeo Miniatura Fer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

za mar 20, 2010 18:50

I think this is the same Luigi racing car with different numbers.
They are real racingcars from the early 1980's
Sorry for the poor picture! :oops:
[img][img]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30 ... C01287.jpg[/img][/img]
KLIK
This Belgian Luigi Racing no25 has been issued by Progetto K die-cast ref 267 aswell, raced 1984 on Autodromo Vallelunga near Rome.
SCARB no 00575
Alfa Romeo Registro Miniatura, since 1992.
http://alfaromeominiatura.nl
Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm trackday
Alfa Giulietta Sprint 1.4 TCT 2016 rosso
*driving Alfa Romeo since 1975

Alfavaganza
Guru Triplo
Guru Triplo

za mar 20, 2010 23:30

I have been paying much attention to the windows issue over time. The way I solved the problem was different in each case. Quite often, I replaced the vacuform windows with shaped clear plasticard. When the window is bent in 3D, my technique could not work. BTW, another fellow of the Alfamodellando forum recently illustrated the creation of home made vacuformed windows with a wood master slightly larger than the window opening, plasticard, a hairdryer, and paper clip to force the softened plasticard around the master. See here.

On my side, when I could not replace the usually too small windows, I have been using different tricks. I seem to remember that the Provence Giulietta SS you picked from the forum was not a big problem, because the windows did fit pretty well and fine adjusting was enough.

Special cases I recall were the TZ2 below on page 1. I custom made the side and rear windows, as the rear one was very much too small. Only the third or fourth attempt did fit. Since the windscreen was 3D, I cheated with some putty aronud it to have the body coming down to the window instead of the other way round.

Afbeelding

The most original solution I found for the 33 Stradale Tenariv on page 2. Windows were all much too small, but "fortunately" the body casting lacked the windows chromed frames. So I kept the "small" windows and used thin copper wire shaped to fill the gap between the windows and body, and then painted chrome and rubber seal. Even the doors windows lacked the frame, but there it is wider and flat aluminium. I then used thicker copper wire for it's easiness to shape and flattened the pper surface.

Afbeelding

Excellent result on that 33 Stradale! Even with the rubber seal included and all this in 1/43. Amazing! I just love the half opened side window of the TZ2 too!

I've also done some scratch building of windows on a couple of kits, but I find it pretty hard to do.

This PM kit came with deeply yellowed windows, so I needed something else. I glued scratch built windows on the inside here, after thinning the body from the inside considerably. Still they really lie too deep in the body.

Afbeelding

And on this project I cut the window exactly to size, leaving some small (bent) strips on the sides for fitting it in the body. But this makes a 3D effect even harder to do, and no matter how precisely you cut, you're always going to have a tiny gap here and there...

Afbeelding
Verleden: Sud 1.3, Sud Sprint 1.5 Veloce, 75 1.8, 164 2.5 TD, 164 2.5 TD Super, 145 1.6 TS, 159 SW 1.9 JTD

Corrado
Guru
Guru

zo mar 21, 2010 11:45

Afbeelding
Thanks for the praise! :oops:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Wonderful work! We all know how hard it is to get the result you have in mind. your solutions sound quit easy but than again: this is scale 1:43!

Corrado

alfasudjoe

zo mar 21, 2010 15:01

So do we think that the numbers are in-correct or correct ?
Saluti Joe
both race GTV6 resin kit models are made by SC Modelli Italy

ref SCM 03 is 1982 Marlboro France group A no 5 and no 6
ref SCM 04 is 1982 Luigi Racing no46 Giorgio Francia

also issued are :
ref SCM 01-2 is 1982 Alpilatte group A white-green no 17 and no 45 (with 4 version decals)
ref SCM 66 is 1983 Safari Rally no 15 by Sandro Munari

Provence Moulage and C.B.COM.Tip-Top France made most of the GTV6 rally cars (resin kits) from 1982-'85
Thankyou, if this is correct then this is great information, at least i know who made these 2 models

Saluti
Joe

AR110AF

zo mar 21, 2010 16:28

I have taken a few more pictures of the windows of that Giulietta SS Provence Moulage (click on them to enlarge)

Checking closely to refresh my memory, I have found out that only the rear window was the vacuformed glass provided with the kit, while I had been able to build a scratch windscreen from a plain clear plasticard sheet, bent and adjusted to the model. The advantage of that time consuming technique is that not only you can achieve the best fit, but also get a cristal clear window, where vacuformed glasses are less transparent.

All glasses are glued with instant glue, a minimal amount in order to avoid the white clouds their gases cause, and exclusively on the very edge of the glass. I start on one side, and go on all around. It needs to be fitted perfectly straight at the beginning!

On the driver's side, where I started, the fit is perfect.

Afbeelding

But in this case, I came one or two tenth short on the passenger side. Since everything else was perfect, I didn't strip and redo everything. Instead, i filled the gap with a wood glue that becomes transparent when dry.

A tiny trace of instant glue can be seen, with such an enlargement of the picture (remeber: 1/43!) on the lower front edge of the side window, despite the photoetched frame should have kept it hidden.

Afbeelding

The rear window was instead, as I remembered well, the vacuformed one provided by Provence, which proved large enough to be cut exactly to the opening size, and glued in place sthe same way as the windscreen.

Note how vision through vacuformed window is less clear than through cold-formed sheet of clear plastic as the other windows of the model.

Some wear on the silver painted chrome frame is the result of taking the model in hands once over time since 20 years. Should be restored, but remeber that the red paint surfacing there are spots large one tenth of mm. maximum in real size...

Afbeelding

Alfissimo
Guru
Guru

zo mar 21, 2010 20:56

Aangezien mijn Sei van Norev 1 wieltje te kort had: van
Afbeelding
naar: Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Heb de randjes er wel niet opgedaan want tis toch wel een heel erg precisiewerkje en niet meteen mijn sterkste punt maar ben toch heel blij met het resultaat :-)
SCARB 6276
'72 Giulia Super 1.3
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Ti
'84 Alfasud Sprint 1.5 Qv
'88 Spider 2.0 Quadrifoglio
'91 75 2.0 TS Numerata nr.2988
'92 Spider 2.0 USA
'97 145 2.0 QV
'02 Spider 2.0 TS
'05 Spider 2.0 TS
Squadra Alfisti - Classic Alfa Romeo Parts

Alfavaganza
Guru Triplo
Guru Triplo

ma mar 22, 2010 10:26

Afbeelding
Amazing, simply amazing! How did you get it rounded so well? Was this done when fitting it in the body, or before?

Alfavaganza
Guru Triplo
Guru Triplo

ma mar 22, 2010 10:33

Heb de randjes er wel niet opgedaan want tis toch wel een heel erg precisiewerkje en niet meteen mijn sterkste punt maar ben toch heel blij met het resultaat :-)
Ziet er netjes uit hoor. Wat voor randjes hadden er dan nog bij gemoeten?

Corrado
Guru
Guru

ma mar 22, 2010 11:09

Randjes rond de ramen, schat ik in...

Koen
Laatst gewijzigd door Corrado op ma mar 22, 2010 15:37, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Terug naar “Alfa Romeo, heden, verleden en toekomst”